Batin Vitaliy Viktorovich,Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of solid state
physics, Mordovia State University named after N. P. Ogarev (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivlev Viktor Ivanovich, Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, director of the center of cooperation with innovative educational institutions, Mordovia State University named after N. P. Ogarev (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russia), email@example.com
Fomin Nikolay Egorovich, Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, professor, first vice rector, Mordovia State University named after N. P. Ogarev (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Assessment of the quality of education is one of the most important problems of education. The goal of the study is to analyze the quality of pre-University education by the example of progress of first – year students of technical specialties at «Ogarev Mordovia State University » by comparing the marks at the University, in the certificate and the points for State exam.
Materials and methods. The authors use the statistical method for determining average absolute and relative values characterizing the level of knowledge.
Results. The article describes the analysis of main regularities regarding of marks and the dynamics of their change.
Conclusions. Quality of knowledge of graduates of secondary schools cannot be considered sufficient for the further successful continuation of education at technical specialties of the higher school. Moreover, there is a tendency to its decrease. To remedy the situation it is required to radically change the existing system of continuity between the secondary and higher schools, including the system of state certification of graduates of secondary schools.
1. Konventsiya o priznanii kvalifikatsiy, otnosyashchixsya k vysshemu obrazovaniyu v evropeyskom regione [Concention on acknowledgement of qualifications relating to higher education in the European region] Available at: http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/ RUS/Treaties/Html/165.htm
2. Natsional'naya obrazovatel'naya initsiativa «Nasha novaya shkola» [National educational initiative “Our new school”]. Available at: http://old.mon.gov.ru/dok/akt/6591/
3. Federal'nyy zakon ot 29.12.2012 № 273-FZ «Ob obrazovanii v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [Federal law from 29.12.2012 № 273-FZ “On education in the Russian Federation”]. Available at: http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=LAW;n=140174
4. Shishov S. E., Kal'ney V. A. Monitoring kachestva obrazovaniya [Education quality monitoring]. Moscow: Pedagogicheskoe obshchestvo Rossii, 1999, 320 p.
5. Il'enkova S. D. Pokazateli kachestva obrazovaniya [Education quality indexes]. Available at: http://www.elitarium.ru/2006/08/04/pokazateli_kachestva_obrazovanija.html
6. Fomin N. E., Ivlev V. I., Yudin V. A. Integratsiya obrazovaniya[Integration of education].2005, no.3, pp. 47–53.
7. Fomin N. E., Ivlev V. I., Batin V. V. Integratsiya regional'nykh sistem obrazovaniya: materialy VI Mezhdunar. konf. (Saransk, 11–12 dekabrya 2008 g.).: v 2 ch. [Integration of regional systems of education: proceedings of VI International Conference (Saransk, 11–12 December 2008): in 2 parts]. Issue 6. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2008, part 1, pp. 81–84.
8. Rumshiskiy L. Z. Matematicheskaya obrabotka rezul'tatov eksperimenta [Mathematical treatment of experimental results]. Moscow: Nauka, 1971, 192 p.